The Sanibel Public Library has been recognized as one of the best libraries in the country. Library Journal named it a 4-Star Library in its annual America’s Star Libraries survey. The Journal examined the annual number of library visits, circulation, program attendance and public Internet computer use for more than 7,000 public libraries nationwide, awarding three, four or five stars to 260 libraries. In 2011, the library was named a 5-Star library. Sanibel Public Library has also won TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence for the past 3 years. The library, partnering with the Sanibel Public Library Foundation, is also celebrating a decade of success in bringing high caliber, best-selling authors to Sanibel.
At the Sanibel Public Library islanders find an oasis within their island – an atmosphere charged collection with creativity and the lively exchange of ideas. The Library holds an integral place in the community. Islanders come to read, learn, interact, and stir their souls. Our vital Library – with its latest in books, programs, and electronic tools – is their ultimate sanctuary. A place of enlightenment under the Sanibel sun.
The Sanibel Public Library enhances the quality of life of Sanibel residents and visitors by providing opportunities and experiences that encourage discovery, inspiration, and enrichment for the mind.
- Deliver Excellent Customer Service, Products, and Programs
- Maintain an Attractive and Inspiring Library Environment
- Deliver Convenience and Innovation through Technology
- Provide Useful and Meaningful Communications
- Provide Effective Organizational Development
- Manage Finances to Create Financial Security and Sustainability for the Future