Improving access to library services and information resources
The Sanibel Public Library is the community’s link to ideas, information and resources. The Sanibel Public Library will be the information hub for the community, utilizing current technologies and high speed Internet access to improve library services. The Library will be both a physical place as well as an information portal, where users will be able to access the library 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, through wireless access, electronic resources, and organizational website. For questions regarding Internet Access and Use please view the Sanibel Public Library Internet Access and Use Policy
The Library has several kiosks and terminals for convenience and access to digital resources and services. The library also has a selection of computer equipment (laptops, scanners, printers, etc.) and audiovisual materials (CD and DVD players, etc.) for use. In addition, computers can be checked-out from the ‘Tech-It-Out’ Kiosk near the circulation desk. The Sanibel Public Library also incorporates a powerful WiFi network available to patrons and staff. To connect to the Sanibel Public Library WiFi select ‘Sanibel Public Library’ in your wireless network selection menu. Faxing, Printing, Scanning, and Copying is available near the front circulation desk. To send a fax, the fee is $2.00, for Black and white prints it is $0.10 per sheet, and color costs $0.20 per sheet.
- Expand and enhance access to technology
- Connect users to quality information resources and programming in the library and online
- Provide innovative technology centers and service areas
- Upgrade and maintain the library network
- Upgrade and maintain library patron technology
- Maintain high speed connections that will allow the library to provide excellent service
- Provide staff and patron training opportunities over various library technology
- Provide staff with hardware, software and training required to provide excellent service
- Increase the performance of technology and communication services while also lowering overall cost
Impacting lives with technology, education, and opportunity
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.