Sanibel Public Library Internet Access and Use Policy
I agree to use the Internet at the Sanibel Public Library with the understanding that I am responsible for appropriate use of the Internet and the computer itself. I realize that I am responsible for any damage that may occur while I am using the equipment specified for Internet use. I, hereby, hold harmless the Sanibel Public Library (including the the Library Board of Trustees, employees, agents, or subcontractors) for the content of the material that is retrieved through the Internet, or for any actions that may occur as a result of such actions.”
I acknowledge that:
- Children age 10 and older may use the Internet-access computers unattended. Children under 10 must have a parent or guardian seated beside them to use Internet-access computers.
- The Library is not responsible for sites accessed on the Internet nor does the availability of the Internet imply endorsement of any particular Web site, the accuracy of any materials retrieved, or the confidentiality of transactions.
- Information retrieved should be considered copyright protected.
- Retrieving and displaying obscene materials or images, on Library computers, as described in Florida Statutes, Section 847.011 is unlawful and may result in loss of privileges.
- The Library may enforce Internet protocol and bandwidth restrictions deemed necessary to insure the security of the Library computer network.
- The Library may regulate use of computers based on patron demand and machine availability.
- Fee may be charged for each page of material printed.
- Tampering with Library computer equipment is strictly prohibited.