Beth, a Librarian at Sanibel Public Library, talks about some hot new books. You can download these books using OverDrive Libby app:
The Glass Hotel: A Novel by Emily St. John Mandel
In Five Years by Rebecca Serle
The Authenticity Project by Clare Pooley
Oona Out of Order by Margarita Montimore
To access all of the Library’s online services, choose “eShelf” from the homepage menu. Your PIN is the last four digits of your Library card.
Sanibel Public Library card holders can borrow eBooks and audiobooks via the OverDrive Libby app. Your PIN should be the last four digits of your Sanibel Public Library card number. Check out the “Hints & Tips” for OverDrive Libby here: https://sanlib.org/2020/03/01/libby_overdrive_hints_tips/
The Hoopla Digital app also allows users to stream movies, TV shows, comics, and music. With Hoopla all material can be accessed simultaneously (no holds).
Due to the April 2020 State of Florida stay-at-home order, the Sanibel Public Library will remain closed until further notice. The Library facility is physically closed for now, but open for digital borrowing.
Hover your cursor to use the clickable links:
New or recently-expanded services include:
• Many new eBooks and audiobooks have recently been added to the eShelf, including 20 new children’s and Young Adult eBooks.
• This month, Hoopla digital has made a collection of eBooks, movies, TV shows, music and comics available for unlimited borrows. A special focus on the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day includes audiobooks for children and adults.
• Ancestry.com is now available to SPL patrons from home.
• Video streaming service Kanopy is making part of its collection available for unlimited viewing during this time.
Operationally, the Library notes:
• All overdue fines and user fees are waived during the closure;
• The Library is implementing automatic renewal of library cards;
• All books and other materials placed on hold by users will be suspended and remain on hold for pickup when Library reopens;
• The book drops are locked closed;
• The Library’s eShelf and all online services remain available 24/7.
Questions and comments may be directed to: email@example.com.